A project calendar is important for effective project tracking. Without a project calendar, you’ll find it hard to keep track of a project’s various tasks and their respective completion dates.
AccuTask automatically creates the project calendar for you when you add tasks to the project. Thus, all you need to do to know your project’s current status is to view the project calendar.
To view a project calendar:
- Click either Work > Projects on the Main menu, or Projects on the Quick menu.
- On the Projects page, select the project with the calendar you want to view.
- On the Project Details page, click the Calendar tab.
Updating the Project Calendar
From the project calendar, you can update the start and due dates for a task. To do this, position your mouse cursor over the task, then drag either of the two white lines that appear on each end of the task.
To move the start date to an earlier date, drag the white line on the left.
To move the due date to a later date, drag the white line on the right.
To move the start and due dates for a task, drag the task to the desired date on the calendar.
Synchronizing the Project Calendar with a Third-Party Calendar
The project calendar can be synchronized with a third-party calendar, e.g. Google Calendar and Apple Calendar.
To synchronize the project calendar:
- On the Project Calendar, click Sync Calendar.
- On the Sync dates to an external calendar window, enter the URL of the external calendar, then click Sync to Calendar.